Posted on July 12 2013
As the weekend is here, and it looks like a scorcher is upon us, we've searched high and low for the top picnic essentials to make your weekend run as easy as possible. Just don't forget your sun cream!
1. HOST Chill: This clever 3-in-1 wine accessory allows you to keep your wine cool, pour smoothly and preserve. Just put HOST Chill in the freezer for a couple of hours and you're then ready to use. Insert it into your bottle and without the need to remove it, due to thoughtful design by HOST, you can pour your wine through the funnel. When you're done, place the silicone cork in the top, preventing a spillt bottle or bugs from flying in. £19.99 from Uberstar
2. BNTO: The guys at Cuppow have just launched their latest canning jar transformation gadget. It's called BNTO, short for bento, and it allows you to use a canning jar as a lunch box. BNTO provides a diversion in your jar to separate liquids and solids. Basically, you can now take your celery sticks and dip all in one jar. $7.99 from Cuppow
3. Sun Bum Bat & Ball: Garden games have traditionally been, how shall we put this, dull/mundane... basically not exciting. Then came along the sun bleached guys from Florida who added their cool sun cream brand to this paddle-set. Dazzling in bright yellow, featuring the uber-cool monkey face, Sun Bum Bat & Ball Set comes complete with high quality wooden handles and fabric carry bag. £24.99 from The Fowndry
4. Anorak Kissing Rabbits Blanket: What do you require from a picnic blanket? Super light? Waterproof backed? Portable? Ultra funky design? If so, you'll be in luck as the design guru's at Anorak have produced such a blanket. Did we also say it is made in Britain and machine washable? Well that's sealed the deal for us. £36.00 from Anorak
5. Vino2Go: Picture the situation, you're sitting happily in the sun, laughing and joking with your friends having a picnic. A refreshing cool breeze comes by, then bang. Your wine glass topples and wine goes everywhere. We've all been there. But now times are changing, Vino2Go is the portable wine cup that not only has a spill proof lid, but keeps it cooler due to the double wall thermal outer. Oh, you won't be getting any ants of wasps climbing in either. Bonza. £14.99 from Amazon